12826847

CAN I GET A COURT ORDER TO PREVENT MY GRANDSON COMING INTO

Customer Question

CAN I GET A COURT ORDER TO PREVENT MY GRANDSON COMING INTO MY HOME. MY DAUGHTER AND 2 CHILDREN (MALE 22 FEMALE 24) CAME TO LIVE WITH ME AS SHE WAS IN FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES AND HAD TO SELL HER HOME. MY GRANDSON IS AT UNIVERSITY BUT COMES HOME OCCASIONALLY CHRISTMAS EASTER HOLIDAYS ETC., THERE ARE ALWAYS TERRIBLE ROWS AND SCENES WHEN HE COMES HOME. LAST WEEK HE CREATED ANOTHER ROW/ SCENE SHOUTING, SWEARING, INSULTING, SMASHING DOORS BECAUSE I ASKED HIM TO PARK HIS CAR OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE INSTEAD OF THE OPPOSITE NEIGHBOUR AT A JUNCTION WHERE HE WAS CAUSING MASSIVE PROBLEMS WITH TRAFFIC.
WHEN HE TOLD ME TO F... OFF i SAID I WAS GOING TO CALL THE POLICE AND ASK THEM TO REMOVE HIM FROM MY HOUSE, AND HE SAID TO ME IF YOU DO THAT NANNY YOU WILL END UP IN A MENTAL HOSPITAL. MY DAUGHTER JOINED IN AND AS A RESULT THERE WAS A TERRIBLE ROW/SCENE.
MY DAUGHTER HAS RECENTLY PAID FOR AN EXTENSION TO BE PUT ON TO MY HOUSE 2 ROOMS AND A SHOWER ROOM VALUE APPROX £50K MY HOUSE WAS VALUED AT £850K BEFORE THE EXTENSION. MY DAUGHTER CONTRIBUTES £800 PER MONTH TOWARDS HOUSEHOLD EXPENSES FOR HERSELF AND THE 2 CHILDREN. THEY DO NOT CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING TO THE HOME.
MY HUSBAND DIED 3 YEARS AGO I AM 70 AND SINCE THIS RECENT SCENE AND THE INSULTS AND THREATS TO ME I AM EXTREMELY NERVOUS OF HIM COMING BACK INTO THE HOUSE.
CAN I LEGALLY PREVENT HIM FROM COMING INTO MY HOUSE?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this
How old is he?
Has he paid rent?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HE IS 22

HE DOES NOT PAY RENT HIS MOTHER PAYS £800. PER MONTH TOWARDS HOUSEHOLD EXPENSES FOR ALL THREE OF THEM INCLUDING FOOD. I CONTRIBUTE £600 PER MONTH

You are perfectly free to refuse him access. He isn't a tenant. He is no more than a guest and you can refuse your permission to have him there at any time.
Just don't let him in and if he doesn't accept that graciously then call the police.
If he is in already then just wait until he goes out and change the locks after him.
If you want to be extremely generous then you could give him notice. You don't have to but you can if you want to be generous.