Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

What can I do about my £9000 chalet at Dyserth falls resort?

What can I do about my £9000 chalet at Dyserth falls resort? How can I find out more?
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question, I will try to assist you with this.
The Timeshare Consumer Association (TCA) does have information regarding this resort on its site and it would appear that the company is being or has been wound up. There are contact details for the HMRC solicitors who it would appear applied to wind the company up - the hearing has already taken place at the beginning of March.
Here are some links that I think you should read for further information.
http://www.timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/2015/02/06/news-flash-dyserth-falls/
http://www.timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/2015/02/25/dyserth-falls-the-pocket-killing-fields-conclusion/
You should contact the TCA to find out if there is a group consumer action against the company that you can join to try and reduce legal costs. However, aside from complaints and legal action, I doubt that you will recover any of your investment given the large creditors who have sought to wind up the company.
I am sorry the news is not more positive, but as a group of consumers you would have more chance of pushing action forward than as an individual.