Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I bought a wheelchair stroller to enable my carer to take me

I bought a wheelchair stroller to enable my carer to take me out, unfortunately it is not powerful enough for her to use, have asked the company to take it back but they refuse saying I need to pay £85 to return it, it was bought October 2014 have tried to use it a couple of times but it doesn't work and my carer has hurt her arm trying to push me.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : Are you saying the wheelchair is faulty or that you have chose the wrong model?
Customer:

We bought the stroller after reading the opinions of others on the web page, it looked ideal for what we needed it wasn't until we tried to use it we realised it wasn't powerful enough

Alice H : OK understood. The law under the Sale of Gooods Act is that if the wheelchair is faulty or not fit for purpose then you can get a refund or exchange - free of charge. Unfortunately where you have simply chosen an inadequate wheelchair based on your own research the company is not liable in law to refund or replace free of charge. If the company is willing to exchange the wheelchair you will have to pay the delivery costs - I'm sorry to say that simply because you chose the wrong product does not mean they should have to go to the expense of collection/delivery. I appreciate that this is not the answer you were hoping for but I have to give you an honest and objective opinion of the law.
Customer:

Thankyou

Alice H : No problem. Happy to discuss further if needed. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answer. Alice.