75100385

I need to Claim money from a body shop that messed up my car, i

I need to Claim money from a body shop that messed up my car,
i took the car in for some simple spray work on the 9th of march
the job was 2 days late and no good when i picked it up on the 14th
i had to take the car back in on the 20th that was meant to be a 1 day job and that was late again by another day
when i picked the on the 21st there was damage to the back bumper and the manager wasnt there and i was told to head back on monday, he still wasnt there
i spoke to him on the phone he said the car was fine and valleted on the saturday i picked it up witch it wasnt my girlfriend and dad saw this and i asked about the damage he said something must of hit the car while it was parked but he refused to show me the cctv footage of where my car was parked as it would prove the work wasnt done right again and that nobody had cleaned the car, and he refused to take the car back to fix it
so i have had to take the car to a auto garage because there was a rattling in the back end of my car after i got it back on the saturday
and when the guy at the garage showed me how much damaged they had caused underneath my where i couldn't see
they had broken plastic clips that hold my bumper in place
and a metal rod that holds the bumper to the frame of the car
damaged the wiring loom to my back drivers side light
and the cost to fix all this as the car now need a new bumper is £3965.00
and all the damage on the car is the exact place that they was working
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer:

so can i only receive a refund for the work they did and not the damage they have caused to car my car

Customer:

as the garage that quoted me the work gave me this on my quote

Note for customer:
Upon inspection the damage to the Celica looks to be recent damage done via the bodywork shop the car was initially taken to.
Due to:
Cutting compound left on the underside of the car and around the affected area. This would indicate it was from the body shop undertaking the work.
The back bumper is not installed properly on the driver side of the car due to:
Missing pins
Missing Screws
Broken Clips (2 plastic clips on the bumper are broken)
1 Holding pin on the back drivers side rear bumper snapped off
A silicone based glue has been used to hold the bumper in place.
Due to screws being installed into the driver side brake light the back light was not secure. This should originally be held by small pins.
Due to the bumper not being installed in combination to the rear light the rear wiring loom was damaged.
For all work to be completed it will take a total of 7 days after the initial deposit of £665.00 for the rear bumper, Or for the customer to supply the rear bumper.
All information is based on information given to me via the customer regarding recent work carried out.

Alex Watts :

Yes the damage., You need to quantify and set out your losses for the damage,

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes thank you for the help