13262538

I purchased my present home 14 years ago when I was a widower.I

I purchased my present home 14 years ago when I was a widower.I remarried in Italy 5 years later under the term 'in separation' we both signed a pre-marital agreement and I had previously made a will in contemplation of my impending marriage .My will names my 4 children as beneficiaries .I have a substantial property which I am contemplating selling but before I purchase another I would like to know that my wife does not have a claim now or on my death as she has substantial means of her own .
Was the agreement made and signed in the UK?
If so did you both have separate legal advice and was it signed at least 28 days prior to the marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The premarital agreement was signed in Italy but not 28 days prior to wedding.

Is your wife an Italian national?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No she is British but we married in Italy in a catholic church . It was apparently not necessary to register the marriage in England .We reside in Italy approx. 4-5 months a year and the rest of the time here.I am still an Italian national although I have lived in this country since 1949.

If the divorce happens in the UK - or you die here - then your wife will have a claim on your assets if she choses to exercise it.
If you wish to ensure this does not happen then you need to consider agreeing a Post Nuptial agreement ensuring that no claim can be made
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not seeking a divorce but only want to move home which is in my sole name .This was purchased before I met my present wife .I will require my new property to remain in my sole name as my will is already in place naming my children from previous marriage as beneficiaries.

What I would like to know is ; would the same will be considered safe if I make the move.

The move will not make any difference, but if the Will makes no provision for your widow then if she decides to challenge it she has a good chance of success