13262538

My brother died intestate and as I understand it my brother's

My brother died intestate and as I understand it my brother's estate is split equally between my parents. Can I make a claim? He had no children, is divorced and I am his only remaining sibling?
Clare :

Clare :

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Clare :

I am afraid that the Intestacy Rules are strict and do not allow for any other claims.

Customer:

ok thanks

Clare :

Unless you were in fact financially reliant on your brother in some way at the time of his death there is simply no claim that you can make at all and all his estate will indeed be shared equally between his parents

Clare :

I hope that this is of assisatnce