29905560

Is a status on Facebook that does not identify anybody har

Is a status on Facebook that does not identify anybody harassment
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please explain your situation in a bit more detail?

Customer:

it is a very long story , my tea is readylol can I come back to you

Ben Jones :

ok but please only include relevant details - who made the statement, what the statement was and why do you think it is harassment

Customer:

i have been accused of harassment in the past for something i posted on Facebook just wanted to be sure

Customer:

my statement says that someone has made vexatious allegation s about my family children but i have not named the person

Ben Jones :

have you only ever made a comment about this person once?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

does it make difference if you don't identify the person

Ben Jones :

ok then the answer is rather simple - there is no harassment as that only occurs if the unwanted conduct which one claims is harassment has occurred on at least two occasions. If you only made a comment about them once then there is no harassment. Even if no name was mentioned that does not mean that if it was made on more than one occasion it cannot amount to harassment - it still can if it is clear ho you are referring to even if no name was mentioned but in this case no harassment has occurred in the first palce as this is a one off comment

Customer:

how do they prove its about them

Ben Jones :

it would depend on each particular situation, were there any identifying comments that could be linked to them, that you had made similar allegations to them in the past etc - but I would really not worry about this, there is little anyone can or would do about this comment

Ben Jones :

this is not a serious issue in the eyes of the law

Customer:

i don't think so apart from they live in the same village

Ben Jones :

this is not something you should be concerned about - the police will not give it a second glance and the courts would not really take it further a there is no harm or losses

Customer:

thanks Ben

Ben Jones :

you are most welcome, enjoy your tea :)