31090051

My brother is due in 4 weeks ,he was convicted

My brother is due for release in 4 weeks ,he was convicted of culpable homicide I'm his only family but live in Dundee they are saying he must return to Inverness,
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland.
Why are they saying that?
Has he given an address in Inverness?
He should be free to say where he intends to stay, especially if he has limited choices.
-Could you explain the situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He had an extended sentence for which he will be on licence for so he must return to inverness, also Saying my past criminal record dosent make it suitable

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No he does not have an address they are trying to house him ,he has refused to sign his licence ?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What's his connection with Inverness?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He lived there ,an that's were the offence happened, he was in castle Huntley for short time but his home leaves were in a halfway house in Dundee ,think he has social worker in Inverness, he got returned to SHOTTS?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If the parole board has made this condition it has to be in accordance with ECHR legislation. What are the specifics of the decision please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No parole just licence ?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I'll come back to you. I want to look up the Act of Parliament for you.