75100385

my wifes car was damaged and insurance co noninated a repair

Customer Question

my wifes car was damaged and insurance co noninated a repair specialist who took my car to workshop , their driver delivered the courtesy car and took our car away after checking our car and taking pic s .one month later 27.3 15 i received a call from their qa inspector
saying my car finished but he could not send it back because there was no oil in the engine and because of this the engine was noisy would i pay for some iol this might stop the niose and he could send it back i asked why it had no iol and he looked underneath and said the engine had a leak i said i agree to pay for oil same day the car arrived back still noissey i contacted the insurence co and they said send it back .which i did there was also a problem with the bodywork repair. 30.3. 15 the manager of the repair co phoned and said they would do the repair to the bodywork again as he agreed it was not a good repair .as for the engine he said he would send it alfa romeo the o e m and then responability could be found he said there was no engine leak could he have service book i went to repair co with the book i was met by the q a engineer who said sometimes when they say leak they meen a drip .when i looked at the car oil on the floor underneath enough of a leak to emty the engine in 4 weeks when the car was picked upit was not leaking under their control all oil leaked out of engine and they started the car with no oil in the engine and sent it back still noisey they may have damaged the engine what can i do ?the car has only done 16000 miles
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Are you saying they caused the oil leak?

Alex Watts :

Have you had the vehicle examined by someone else to see what the leak was caused by please?

JACUSTOMER-cvtv9irq- :

no leak when it left my house no oppertunity to examined still in there workshop

Alex Watts :

Have they told you the cause of the link?

JACUSTOMER-cvtv9irq- :

no

Alex Watts :

OK. You need to ask that the car be examined by someone independent. They can establish the cause of the leak.,

Alex Watts :

If it is wear and tear then sadly you are liable for any cost.

Alex Watts :

If it is because the garage have caused damage then the garage is liable.

Alex Watts :

There are two options:

Alex Watts :

1) It may be just one of those things which is fair wear and tear

Alex Watts :

or

Alex Watts :

If it is wear and tear, that is it would have made no difference if it was in the garage it may have leaked anyway

Alex Watts :

2) They caused the damage whilst doing the repair.

Alex Watts :

You can therefore ask that you appoint a Court approved independent expert.

Alex Watts :

That expert will examine the vehicle and find what have caused it and whether they are liable.

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-cvtv9irq- :

what about them starting the car with no oil in it this is were the damage would be made if there was no oil in the car they should not have started it . its not the cost of the leak its the damage to the engine running it with no oil

Alex Watts :

Yes I agree, but they wouldn't necessarily know I suspect that it had no oil.

Alex Watts :

But again if there has been damage caused the expert should pick this up

JACUSTOMER-cvtv9irq- :

when they dipped the iol and found nothing on the dip stick they shoul not have started the engine

Alex Watts :

I agree. But again this can be dealt with in the report.

Alex Watts :

It does seem obvious not to start a car without oil

JACUSTOMER-cvtv9irq- :

true there driver ckecked the oil when it was picked up after that the car was in there control i will insist on inspection as advised who do i talk to my insurance or the repair co

Alex Watts :

Yes indeed. It would appear there is a claim but you do need to get an expert report of the vehicle

Alex Watts :

You can use this in Court if it gets that far.

JACUSTOMER-cvtv9irq- :

ok do i go through insurace co and thankyou

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they have appionted an expert should i to who do i take prosecute broker direct dial . underwriter coop repair co

insurer.