75100385

received 3 speeding fines separate occasions can these

received 3 speeding fines for 3 separate occasions can these be charges as one offence in court
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer:

begin a new career as site technician railway.

Customer:

received first 3 points 3rd day of new job driving a works van to scotland. another 04/01/2015 and recently 19/03/15 after working night shifts

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid. These are 3 separate offences and therefore you are likely to get 3 points for each.

Alex Watts :

As you know that means you are driving with 9 points so you need to be really careful for the next 3 years.

Alex Watts :

If you get another 3 points you will be liable for disqualification under the totting up procedure.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

but if a criminal is caught and request other offences to be taken into consideration the maximum penalty is the more serious the crime

Customer:

3 driving offences all within 10mph of limit

Alex Watts :

Yes indeed. I assume you have had the NIP for all three?

Customer:

when i attend court i shall have to notify the magistrates i have other court dates pending for speeding

Customer:

NIP guilty at court

Alex Watts :

Yes I would, they can bring those files forward and you can just be sentenced in one go.

Alex Watts :

But you will get 3 points for each offence as they are separate traffic offences.

Alex Watts :

Even if you go through the same speed camera twice within minutes they are 3 points each

Alex Watts :

I am sorry

Customer:

5 yrs ago i received 4 NIP in 3 days same camera only was given the most severe offence . has the law changed

Alex Watts :

They are separate offences and need to be dealt with as such,

Alex Watts :

You can of course try the argument but its highly likely to fail unless you get a Legal Advisor who does not know the answer.

Alex Watts :

But I have to be truthful to you.

Customer:

Thank you for your frankness you are Graceful

Alex Watts :

I am sorry its not better news I really am. Otherwise everyone would do the same thing, speed lots and take 1 set of points. It would defeat the whole sytstem.

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else today?

Customer:

No thank you take care