12826847

Can a town council obtain a public riverside walkway over farm

Customer Question

Can a town council obtain a public riverside walkway over farm land against the wishes of the Owner and the Owners of houses located close to the opposite bank which would adversely affect their privacy?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola

Thanks for your reply. Please try to find someone to help - I am a retired chartered surveyor so only require to know whether a town council has any authority to go against an Owner's wishes. The Owners have informed the Council that they will not allow a walkway round the edge of the field. The Council have stated that they are approaching local solicitors for their advice!!!!! Ken XXXXXXX on behalf of ten neighbours

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola

I am sorry that you are not able to help On this occasion - I assume that you will refund my payment, If you have any luck finding someone who can give me appropriate advice, please let me know i will arrange for

payment to be repaid - Ken XXXXXXX

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola

I am not sure whether my previous reply has been sent , so am repeating it to the best of my typing ability! I am disappointed that it has been difficult to find someone who is aware of the problems with rights of way, So please close the question which i assume means that you will credit me the amount of the payment made. If however you are able to obtain the advice required i shall be happy to make a repayment - Ken