12826847

Good Evening please may i ask your advice My son aged 19

Customer Question

Good Evening please may i ask your advice
My son aged 19 appeared at magistrates court with 3 other males all charged with affray .My son wants to plead guilty with one other of these males ....The other 2 males want to plead not guilty there is cctv evidence no other people are involved or injured We thought it would nbe dealt with by a magistrates court .It has been sent for crown court .My son has no crimnal record the other 3 males do .At the moment we are all petrified he could go to prison what is the worse that can happen please
I wouldn't focus on the worst that could happen.
A proper affray would never have been sentenced by the Magistrates. It was always going to the Crown Court. Generally speaking people are much better off in the Crown Court anyway before a proper Judge.
Of course, he was represented ? He didn't appear unrepresented ? Or have an interview at the police station alone?