12826847

Is there a time limit from the incident or start of the other

Is there a time limit from the incident or start of the other person committing an on going
offence to when you notify that person by solicitor's letter of taking legal action against them by taking them to court. Many thanks
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been parking my car in a place which I always understood I had a right to park. It is over 6 years since I started parking there and have received a solicitor's letter threatening to take me to court.

Somebody has told me the threat of action has to be within a strict Six year period. Is this right or not?

Yes, they have six years to sue in trespass.
But time runs from the date of the last act so the last time that you parked there.
That is enforced very strict though. There is an application that can be made to extend time but there needs to be a very good reason to do so.