75100385

we have received a letter from an english law firm informing

Customer Question

we have received a letter from an english law firm informing us that they have sent documentation to the county court money claims centre for the purpose of issuing a county court claim form in respect of their clients outstanding account
debt 1560 interest 32.75 court fee 115 fixed costs 80 we are in dispute with their clients re a november invoice 720 ex vat and have already paid the balance 840. What should we do and if we pay the 840 are we still liable for the extra costs? their client is a birmingham based pr company we are scottish based holiday company and the dispute involves a perceived lack of sercvice
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : If you dispute it then do not pay.
Alex Watts : If it goes to court and you lose you won't pay any extra legal costs as these cant be recovered save for the £80 solicitor costs
Alex Watts : They could cover the court issue fee and a trial hearing fee but that's iit
Alex Watts : If you don't owe it then you don't need to pay
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/