12826847

, my partner and I are being harassed and cyber stalked by

Hi, my partner and I are being harassed and cyber stalked by an obsessive perpetrator who has already caused huge damage emotionally and psychologically to our relationship both personally and professionally. This person presents a veneer of respectability in his well paid job, but he is totally obsessed with our lives....we just want to put an end to it. What options do we have? Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean by a harassment order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Police went round and served him an harrasment notice following a complaint by my partner back in 2011
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Covering you or your partner?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My partner following constant calls, texts, outside her house and at work.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is she the point of contact?
Or is any of this directed towards you?
If it is not then you would be much better off leaving her to sort this out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is the main point of contact, but his plan is to damage me as well as much as he can and has sent her text messages saying so. Essentially he is targeting my partner in the deluded belief that they would be together if it were not for me, but I am in a prominent public position and he has already tried to abuse the complaints system against me accusing me of using my position to influence the police visit which is untrue and failed. I have no doubt he will persist and knows about every facet of our lives which he has already damaged personally and professionally and I believe amounts to psychological abuse.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn't get involved with this any more than you have to. I realise there is some contact directly towards you but mostly this is an issue for her to sort out.
If he is contacting you then you can complain to the police who will give him a warning and if he breaches that then you can complain and he would be picked up for it.
In terms of false complaints against you, there are offences in that. There is an offence of malicious communication which would be made out. Also, it would amount to a defamation but that is an expensive action.
If he carries on making false allegations that does amount to harassment in itself following the case of Waxman which is very helpful on that point. In truth that doesn't add much to your existing warning so I wouldn't necessarily rely upon it. They are very useful for campaigns of false allegations where the false allegations are being believed but that isn't really your position here.
In terms of contact with your partner, just let her sort that out. Do not get involved. Do not place yourself at risk. I have been involved in criminal law for most of my working life and I have lost count of the number of perfectly law abiding men who have landed in trouble because they were sorting out the disputes of one young lady or another. You worry about you. I'm sure she can look after herself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I hear what you say, but it doesn't help with regards ***** ***** relationship knowing what I know and the obesessive and dangerous behaviour of the perpetrator....we are also living apart which adds further vulnerability and I'm worried what he might do. Given the harm he has caused by making false allegations through a public complaints process..is it worth pursuing him for the harm, distress and waste of public money which that has caused and the text messages he has sent to my partner which more or less confirm this? Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes, I understand that. I am just making the point that you shouldn't take any action of a protective nature as she would not towards you.
No, it is not worth taking any action at all in relation to your partner. That is for her to sort out.
Please don't worry about her. She already has a harassment warning against him so understands perfectly well that she can call the police if he misbehaves.
You concentrate on you. You are actually probably far more vulnerable if a form of his harassment is to make false allegations.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice