12826847

father signed as guarantor son' tenanacy agreement

father signed as guarantor for his son' tenanacy agreement and is now being taken to court for alleged damage when property vacated. the signature has not been dated or witnessed. Can this mean he is not responsible and the landlord should pursue the son. The allegations are strongly denied
I am sorry but whether the signature is dated or witnessed is a non issue. The only purpose of things like that is to gather evidence to rebut any allegations of belated signing. Since you cannot do that because it was signed there is no point here.
Obviously though this can still be disputed on the basis that the damage was not caused.
If he has to pay out under the guarantee then he can always recover by suing the son.
Sorry but I have to give you truthful information.