75100385

Good morning We recently hired a car with Dollar rentals.

Good morning
We recently hired a car with Dollar rentals. We had our own car insurance.
They charged us an extra 30 Euro 'Admin fee'.
There was nothing on our T's and C's to advise of this. I have tried repeatedly to have this fee returned. They are refusing to
Do we have any comeback please
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this
Alex Watts : For now please
Alex Watts : for now please let me know how you paid the charge to Dollar ?
Customer:

I used my NZ credit card

Customer:

The car was hired at Dublin airport for a week

Alex Watts :

Thank you. If it is not in their agreement and they did not tell you in advance, then they can NOT charge you.

Alex Watts :

You should ask your credit card company to charge this back

Alex Watts :

In any event you can email / write to Dollar head office

Alex Watts :

Dollar Rent A Car, Inc. Attn: Customer Service 2W2, P.O. Box 33167, Tulsa, OK###-##-#### ***** States.

Alex Watts :

That should resolve the matter.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Customer:

I have been back and forth per e-mail. I attached my request to them and their answer

Customer:

Good afternoon

Thank you for your reply to my query regarding the extra charges placed on our rental agreement.

With respect I cannot agree with your outcome for the following reasons.

1. I attach the terms and conditions provided to us at the time of renting the vehicle. Nowhere on this document does it say anything about extra charges for having our own insurance

2. We queried the extra charge when we rented the vehicle. Your representative at the counter advised us it was in the T's and C's provided to us. When I asked him to show me, he could not, and then advised me, it was in the T's and C's from Priceline, from whom we rented the car. At no stage did he say any extra charges were allegedly on the website.

3. When we returned the vehicle, we again queried the charge with your representative at Dublin airport. She again said it was in the T's and C's. I asked her to show me and produced the document. She could not, and again advised that it would be in the T's and C's provided by Priceline. Again she did not mention the website.

4. I have spoken with Priceline and they say it would never be in their T'c and C's as they provide cover for many different rental firms, and could not put this type of charge in as each rental company has different conditions.

5. Even if the conditions are on your website, why are your written conditions (that we have been given) different to the website conditions. We have gone with the written conditions as this is what we signed for at the time of hiring. No-one at any stage advised us of website conditions. As we were travelling, we did not have access to your website. This I imagine is why you provide written T's and C's for customers.

6. Neither of your representatives could give us an answer to our query and seem to be at odds with what you say.

We have done everything within our frames of reference to bring this anomaly to your attention and well within the 30 days your require.

I therefore ask again for re-imbursement of our 30 Euro charge that was added to our bill without our consent and in breach of the conditions that we signed for and were given as written documentation.

Please can this re-imbursement be provided to our account within the next 5 working days

Your faithfully

Peter O'Keeffe

Customer:

Their answer, 3rd time

Customer:

Dear Mr. Okeeffe,

Thank you for your reply to our correspondence. We appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns again.

After a thorough review of this matter, we stand by our original decision.

Although the resolution is not what you preferred, no additional action is warranted. We regret we are unable to fulfill your expectations in this instance.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Delandria A.

Customer Correspondence Administrator

OKC Customer Services

The Hertz Corporation

P.O. Box 26120

14501 Hertz Quail Springs Parkway

Oklahoma City, OK 73134

U.S.A.

Alex Watts :

The only option sadly is to therefore raise it with the card provider in NZ or sue them

Alex Watts :

That is the only option left.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience