Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I did a Community Service order about 20 years ago. Is there

Customer Question

I did a Community Service order about 20 years ago.
Is there an automatic Pardon for such things so long as there is no further offending?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : What are you trying to achieve? The conviction is now "spent" anyway and not disclosable.
Customer:

Does Spent and not disclosable mean that the record of the offence has been removed from the records?

Alice H : No, a criminal conviction stays with a person indefinitely but after a period of time you don't have to tell anyone about it and nobody can hold the conviction against you. A pardon is extremely rare and generally relates to cases involving very exceptional circumstances.