12826847

i was sexualy abused by another man i later secretly recorded

Customer Question

i was sexualy abused by another man i later secretly recorded him can the police use this as evidence in court
What does the voice on the recording say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he admits to doing it but says he cant remember then i say to him will you asulult me agian and he says no and apoligises he just wants to forget about it and wants to be freinds with me he asks if hospital took blood tests but they did not police ask me if they bring him down to police station and he admits it would i accep a apollogy i said no my next door neibour was there and she saw him put a blue tablet in my drink police say this is not evidance she is willing to make statment but police say it is not addmissable

Well, it may not be. It depends on the facts of the case.
Potentially this could be evidence. Tape recordings can be admissible. The weight attached to it depends on what was said and in what context and also how good the recording was. Voice recognition is a matter of expert evidence so if the defence challenge this the Crown may need an expert to rely on it and they are not going to go to that expense I'm afraid.
But you could disclose it to the police to see if it assists in the round. Tape recordings can be admissible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou i will speak to you later

No problem.
Please remember to leave feedback for my answer.