31090051

is there a limit on the number of people who can act as power

is there a limit on the number of people who can act as power of attorney in Scottish law?
ie if a parent had dementia and there were say 5 adult children, could all 5 children be included in power of attorney?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
There is nothing in law to stop all five being named as joint attorneys.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would it be illegal for 3 of the 5 adult children to co-erce the parent who suffers from dementia into signing them u as attorneys without the knowledge or consent of the other 2 adult children?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The parent can appoint whoever he or she wants as attorney without reference to the children that he or she chooses not to appoint.
However, if the parent is coerced then the parent can recall the appointment at any time. The others have no right to challenge. All they can do is ask the Office of the Public Guardian to open an investigation if they suspect financial mismanagement.