75100385

I was involved in a car accident last year and has recently

I was involved in a car accident last year may 2014 and had recently had a letter from my pursuer's solicitor for a sum of £10000. According to this letter they sent me I either have to accept this claim and pay it or I can defend it and I got to do this before the 8th of April otherwise according to the letter if they didn't hear from me then it means I have accepted to pay this amount. I am wondering since the accident wasn't my fault if there is any claim is it not meant to be dealt by my insurance company.  I have a fully comprehensive cover and I am really panicking at the moment as there is no way I can afford to pay this amount.  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thank you.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : If you are insured isn't your insurance company dealing with this please?
Customer:

Yeah that's what I thought as well but I then received this letter

Alex Watts : Have you sent this to your insurance ?
Customer:

No not yet but I will phone them on tuesday and explain the situation. What do you think is going to happen

Alex Watts :

Yes I agree.

Alex Watts :

The insurance company will deal with it, so you do not need to worry, that is what it is for.

Alex Watts :

However if there is a dispute the pursuer will have to issue proceedings against you in your na,e.

Alex Watts :

* name *

Alex Watts :

But again don't worry the insurance company will deal with it.

Alex Watts :

So in short you are ok, the insurance will deal with everything.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Can I please ask something else completely different from this matter please

Alex Watts :

You need to rate this answer sadly and then post a new question.

Alex Watts :

Put it for me and I can pick it up

Customer:

My next question is I am going to court next month against my ex partner who has falsely alledged that I hit her on the neck just a bit above her cheek. I will further explain how this happened. This happened on a Saturday afternoon last year September. Me and my partner have a son and we are not together anymore and live 30miles from each other. On this day while my ex partner and our son visited his grandparents, I called the house phone of the grandparents and asked if I could speak to my son. They passed the phone onto my son and I said I was coming to visit because I had a gift for him. My son said can I ask my mum and when he asked his mum said OK. So I drove down and when I arrived at the property, I parked my car outside and then called again to let my son know I was outside. So my son came out running because we didn't see each other for a while. He jumped straight into my car and we started greeting each other. At this point his mum came and told him to jump off the car to which I said can you live him for 5mins because I have got a gift for him as well. She would not listen and started dragging my son out of the car. At this point while I was still sat in behind the wheel of my car, my son grab hold of my left hand and refused to let go saying I want to see my dad. I again pleaded with her to give him 5mins so I could at least give him his present. Two passers by were passing by and they asked her "do you want some help" as my son was crying at this point. She then replied yes because she has been standing there for nearly 10mins and that I have hit. The passers by then phoned the police. At this point I had enough of the situation so I persuaded my son to let go off my hand and I would see him another time. I left the situation and went back to where I came from. The police came and arrested me because of an alleged assault and took me to court. This is going to be the second time I have been to court with my ex for a similar situation but the first one was not proven and I was relised without anything. I know that I haven't done anything and just as the first time I am worried as to what is going to happen. I work in the social care industry and the last thing I want is a criminal record which will tarnish my image and or maybe live me jobless. We went for the hearing 2months ago but it was adjourned because of court lack of time. I am going to meet up with my lawyer towards the end of this month to discuss the case again but I am really worried as to what is going to happen on the day purely because of me working in the social care industry. Is there anything you can tell me as to what to expect as far as this case is concerned. I am really really worried for my job and career. Thank you.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience