Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

UK Student Visa

Customer Question

I am trying to organise a UK student visa (with an ability to do some work) for a friend. What kind of visa should I be looking at and what are the requirements?

He is 24 years old, ukrainian citizen (his father was an iranian national). He currently holds shengen visa and is traveling Europe.

Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question, I will assist you with this.
You should be looking at a Tier 4 student visa. This allows the person to work part time during the term (up to 20 hours) and during vacations.
To be eligible for this visa your friend must have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor and enough money to support himself and pay for the course. He also needs to be able to speak, read and write English.
This is the link to the Government website that provides all the necessary information - https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/student-visas.
If you have any further questions, please ask.