12826847

We bought a car off the internet for £950, 5 weeks ago,the

Customer Question

We bought a car off the internet for £950, 5 weeks ago,the bloke buys and sells from his home, after 3 days the car broke down, anyway the bloke got it taken to a garage, and after over 2 weeks, we got it back, we had it for a week, and it broke down again. We got in touch with him on Sunday, and he said we sent someone to his house and threatened him, we just want our money back, and it will have to go to a renault dealer, if we keep it, but we are pensioners and have no savings, can u advise us please
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i want to know what we can do, my husband cannot walk far, so now he is housebound

To achieve what specifically?
What is your specific question about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How can we get our money back

Are you prepared to run the risk of criminal liability for sending somebody to threaten him?
Do you mean threaten with violence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We havent sent anybody, we dont know what he is talking about, my husband did shout at him on the phone and called him a con merchant

OK. If you deny it then that is obviously a defence.
It doesn't do anything about the contractual situation anyway even if you did. It just gives rise to actions open to him.
If he is a commercial seller then you have a claim under the Sale of Goods Act. Anything sold should be fit for purpose. This is not the most expensive car but you would still expect it to last longer than a few weeks reasonably.
If he will not make any offers then just sue him for the value here
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
It is probably a good idea to send him a letter before action first though before issuing against him. He may ignore it but at least it will protect you from costs if this goes to court