Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I was in a relationship a few years ago, the woman involved

I was in a relationship a few years ago, the woman involved bought me a rolex watch for my birthday, we split up not long after and I offerd the watch back, now she is remarried and ive moved on, but years down the line she wants the watch back, problem is I lost it 3 years ago abroad and was not insured to claim, how do I stand ?
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question, I will assist you with this.
There is a quick answer to this. As this was clearly a gift, albeit an expensive one, she cannot now reclaim it back.
If she would like to make an issue out of this she could issue legal proceedings but I doubt her claim would be successful.
If you have any further questions, please ask.