Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Please can someone advise me about an on going issue

Please can someone advise me about an on going issue I have with 02 Mobile phone company. In 2010 I took out a 12 month contract with them however, when the contract ended they continued to take Four years of monthly payments from me. I only noticed what was going on last week. After speaking to various managers they have offered me a settlement fee of £259.66 which I said wasn't enough since they have taken £1,200 of my money.
Can anyone advice me please, is this a breech of contract matter ?
Tracy
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I confirm that you did not request at any time to cancel your contract with O2 following the end of the initial 12 months please?

Joshua :

Did you use your mobile phone at any time after the initial 12 month period?

Joshua :

Did O2 send you invoices either by email or post for the charges? If not do you know why?

Customer:

Hello Joshua, thank you for assisting me with my query.

Customer:

During the 12 month contract I never requested to cancel. After the Twelve months period I expected the contract to come to an end following the contract period as any normal contract should do.

Customer:

My mobile phone wasn't used at all after the 12 month period and 02 have confirmed this.

Customer:

There have been no invoices sent to me by email or post for the charges. Evident is apparent on my bank statements but no confirmation via receipt or invoice from 02.