UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My partner is on a tier 2 visa . He is undergoing training

My partner is on a tier 2 visa . He is undergoing training and is only allowed to work 20 hours a week for ANY OTHER employer such as locum work outside his main job. He is allowed to work unrestricted for his main job / sponsor. I am his partner on a tier 2 dependent visa. I do not have a sponsor. My visa states "no recourse to public funds" and "no employment as a doctor or dentist in training". I can therefore work as a doctor but not in a training post. Now to my question.......... Am I only allowed to work 20 hours a week?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Do you mean 20 hours a week as a doctor or dentist or 20 hours a week in general?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I mean 20 hours a week as a doctor
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
There is nothing preventing you from working as a Doctor in the UK, the only reference in respect of a Doctor in the rules is always clarifies with the words 'in training' . Therefore if you wish to work as a Doctor then there is nothing preventing you from doing so.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about the restriction on number of hours per week ?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Because you are not the main Tier 2 applicant , there is no restriction the number of hours, you are not issued with a COS to undertake work therefore you may work any job you like for any amount of income, there are no restrictions on you.

I hope this clarifies the matter.