13262538

Dear Sirs I am administering the estate of my Auntie who has

Dear Sirs
I am administering the estate of my Auntie who has recently passed away.
She has no parents/husband/civil partner/children or grandchildren alive, but she had three Sisters, two sisters of which are alive and one sister who has predeceased her.
The predeceased Sister had 5 children, one of whom has also predeceased her
Does the estate get shared out 3 ways ?
Assuming so, the two surviving Sisters get an equal one third share each and the children of the predeceased Sister share the remaining one third share equally ?
My question is this, out of the five children of the predeceased Sister, one of them has also predeceased my Auntie. Does this mean that the one third share is then divided equally to the remaining four children ?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I assume that there is no Will.
You are correct the Estate is divided into three with the two surviving sisters receiving a share each.
The Third share is divided between the children of the deceased sister. It is divided four ways UNLESS the deceased daughter left children in which case her children get their mother's share.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Clare
You are correct my Auntie Evie died without leaving a will.
I d just like a bit more clarification please.
You say,the third share,is divided four ways UNLESS the deceased daughter ?? has any children,I m assuming you mean if the predeceased son,Roger,of the predeceased Sister,Queenie.
Therefore of Auntie Queenie's five children,four of whom are alive and Roger the child who has died but who has left a widow,his share would go to his only child,Warren and not his widow ?
I m probably being pedantic but I want to be sure - Thanks
I am sorry for the confusion - I do indeed mean that Roger's share goes to his child and not to his Widow,