75100385

A company is refusing to honour the warranty on an engine they

Customer Question

A company is refusing to honour the warranty on an engine they built
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : How much is it to fix the car?
JACUSTOMER-lemj1nxy- : £5000 roughly
Alex Watts : On what basis Are they refusing?
JACUSTOMER-lemj1nxy- : They say the engine failed because of a known fault with the particular type of engine.But it only covered 700 miles since they rebuilt it and they should have known about known fault being professional engine builders.
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request they repair or pay you the repair cost within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-lemj1nxy- : The situation is the customer came to me with the engine fault I removed the engine and the company who rebuilt the engine were paid directly by the customer can I make a claim as I had no contract with the rebuilder?
Alex Watts : Yes you can If you are being sued.
Alex Watts : does that help
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/