12826847

I have lost 6 points on my provisional licence just today in

I have lost 6 points on my provisional licence just today in court. I was told I can still do the driving licence. Is it true? How does it really affect me?
You mean you have had points added?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. It looks I acquired 6 points.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it.

No problem.
What you have been told is true. You are not revoked. You have 6 points. Your licence has not been revoked as a new driver because you do not have a full licence.
The new driver's scheme only applies to those who have a full licence and get 6 points within the first two years of having it. That does not apply to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay,

That means I can still learn and potentially drive with the full driving licence after I pass my test.

I am only wondering, in court the police officer was trusted more than me although none had any evidence or witnesses. Is there sense in appealing?

Thank you for answering.

Well, that is common at the Magistrates Court. Magistrates have a reputation for believing the nonsense that prosecution witnesses talk in particular the police.
You can appeal. Maybe worth it. It is fact specific really.
I have found generally that it is always very difficult to win disputes with police officers on facts because Magistrates will generally prefer their evidence but you can sometimes win them on law largely because the police don't really understand their powers and will often say things that are damaging to their case.
It does depend what you were charged with though.