12826847

, i rent a property and i moved some of my stuff but because

Customer Question

Hi, i rent a property and i moved some of my stuff but because my husband left me suddenly i stopped of moving and stayed where i am. I want to cancel my contract but the agency do not permitted me unless i made a letter agreeing to keep my monies to them. To their satisfaction i've done it and they cancelled my contract. Do i still have the right to chase my monies? i confirmed they are not registered in the ombudsman and my deposit was not registered in the tenancy protection scheme. I stocked my stuff only in the house for 18 days at the time they cancelled my contract. Please i need your advise. Thanks
What type of contract is this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is rental contract agreement

Is it an assured shorthold tenancy agreement?