12826847

My daughter damage part of a stable with her car, it said it

My daughter damage part of a stable with her car, it said it would get someone to repair it. He had got a quote from someone telling him that it needs about £1000, I had two quotes for £120. He went ahead and got it repaired expecting me to pay it, I've told him I will give him the money to the value of my quotes, how do I stand legally
Are you asking if she is liable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to know if I have to pay the price of the work he had done when I already had two people able to do the repair for nearly a tenth of that price

He is under a duty to mitigate his loss. He cannot choose the most expensive quote he can find.
That said, the fact remains that is what he is demanding here. Your options are essentially either to agree and pay or refuse and invite him to sue if he will not agree to look at cheaper options.
If he does sue then it is not a defence to the extent of liability to say that he has not properly mitigated his loss which will be especially useful if you can produce quotes to the effect that he is overcharging.
Given the price difference you describe, I would refuse to pay and invite him to sue but it does depend whether or not you are happy to go to court.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou for that, I now know what I shall do

No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.