UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Wife holding ILR became a British citizen last week. It takes

Wife holding ILR became a British citizen last week. It takes minimum 6 weeks to obtain British passport. she has a short trip overseas planned for next week. Can she use her foreign passport to re enter UK and then apply for her British passport?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Has the ILR document been retained by the home office, does she have a naturalization certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just replying to you on behalf of my wife. Mrs Stewart obtained ILR in 2013 and attended the nationality ceremony in Chelmsford on 1 April 2015 when she received a naturalisation certificate. She has travelled on her Thailand passport and ILR biometric card since 2013. She will be sending in her British passport application when she returns from her planned one week visit overseas booked to leave UK tomorrow. She still has the ILR card and she will carry the naturalisation certificate. She just wishes to know whether she can return in a week to UK and enter on her Thailand passport before sending it off with her passport application and being "grounded" for the duration of the passport application. Your assistance is appreciated. ***** *****
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes of course, as you mentioned she still has her ILR card allowing her to travel in and out of the UK, she only needs this to travel as she has not been issued with a British Passport yet.
She can take the naturlisation certificate with her and if she is asked any questions, just explain that she will be applying for nationality once she enters the UK.
She should have no problems entering on her Thailand Passport and showing her ILR biometric card on her entry to the UK.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.