31090051

Its very complicated however, I invested some money from a

Its very complicated however, I invested some money from a trust into premium bonds in my name. I though the winnings were 800 pounds and the beneficiaries have asked for proof i have heard from NS and I and the winnings were about 2000 pounds I am willing to pay this back immediately but I know that the couple have said they want to see me in court and 'destroy my reputation' as they put it. If I give them the letter they then have evidence even if I pay back the money. Should I hang on to the letter and just back the money ?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If you are acting in trust the beneficiaries are entitled to an accounting from you and that would involve proving the amount of the winnings. I don't see how you can avoid giving them the letter if you intend to prove the amount of the winnings to them.
You will just have to say that the winnings were more than you first thought.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.