12826847

my neighbours builder damaged my wall by making a hole in

Customer Question

Hi my neighbours builder damaged my wall by making a hole in it. My husband told them about this and they said they would have a look at it. After they didn't come my husband filled it as t was causing a draft. When I saw the builder I showed him the damage and explained that as it was in the landing I would not only have to repaint my landing by dining room and kitchen as it is all open planned. He then after a few weeks gave me some paint and I asked when he would be painting it to which he replied I would have to do it, I told him this was unacceptable as they had caused the damage I was not paying for a painter or getting my husband to do it incase he damaged the carpets etc. He said he would give me sheets to cover the floor. Again I said this was unacceptable and he finally agreed to get someone to paint it. Since then I have asked him on countless occasions and he keeps saying hell do it but still hasn't. The work next door has now finished and im now worried I wont see him again
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
Is this a party wall? I.e a wall shared with your neighbour?
Have you told your neighbour about the damage? Technically it is not the builders responsibility it is your neighbours.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ