Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

i came off by push bike due to a pot hole. broke colar bone

Customer Question

i came off by push bike due to a pot hole. broke colar bone and cut etc. damage helmet have taken photo of injury and pot hole. off work. occured 6/04/15 monday isle of wight. pot hole not marked
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

I am sorry to hear of your injuries. May I ask if you took or have since taken any photos of the pothole and location and whether you ave any witnesses as to what happened?

Joshua :

Would I be correct to assume you have visited your GP or hospital for treatment?

Joshua :

Have you contacted the council yet?

JACUSTOMER-vfxy9dh1- :

ambulance service took me from where it happened and treated my injuries on sight. one personal pulled up though to stunned at time to get info / witnes have taken photo of pot hole and injuries. i was taken to st mary's hospital newport by ambulance

JACUSTOMER-vfxy9dh1- :

i have not contact the council

Joshua :

Thank you. Ideally you would take some photographs of the pothole before it is repaired and noted its exact location and road name/number and ensure that photos you take clearly identify the location of the pothole by reference to immediate landmarks. Given that you suffered injury one of the simplest approaches is to consider instructing a no win no fee personal injury solicitor to look at your case and represent you. This is because most of such cases are dealt with on a no win no fee basis with our without legal insurance so if accepted there is usually little or no financial risk to you win or lose. Such firms advertise widely on TV and the internet. However would it be helpful if I also outline the steps you might take if you decided to proceed initially at least for yourself?

JACUSTOMER-vfxy9dh1- :

ok i will go down personal injury service

Joshua :

If you would like any guidance as to what additional step you can take please let me know.

Joshua :

The important things to ensure you have as above, are photos of the pothole, and witnesses (though there may not be any here), and your medical reports.

JACUSTOMER-vfxy9dh1- :

shall i contact the council or go striaght to a personal injury

Joshua :

The latter will be obtained by a PI lawyer but it may be worth asking the hospital to ensure there is a full ambulance crew report on file whilst it is still fresh in their heads

Joshua :

If you wish to minimise effort on your part, you could simply, having attended to the above contact a personal injury firm as they will take all the initial steps you could do yourself anyway so it reduces your workload.

JACUSTOMER-vfxy9dh1- :

ok thanks

Joshua :

A pleasure