12826847

, I'm Martin M. I would like to know what liability a manufacturer has produc

Hi, I'm Martin M. I would like to know what liability a manufacturer has for a product they supply to a reseller and is then found to be faulty
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A client is having problems with a supplier of chilling equipment, component failure is common and he is having to fix the issues as he is responsible for installation. He has asked me to look at the issue for him.

It is fair to say that it is much harder to claim against a manufacturer.
Manufacturers are not covered by the Sale of Goods Act unless they are the sellers of products. Therefore any product sold does not have to be 'fit for purpose' within that legislation.
There is an implied term in any contract that anything sold will be of a reasonable quality but usually you don't have a contract with the manufacturer unless they are also the seller.
the only way to claim against the manufacturer is to argue that they were negligent and that caused loss such as personal injury or damage to goods. Pure economic loss is not covered.
It is usually recommended to pursue the retailer.
Sorry if that is bad news.