Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Briefly, I entered into a joint property venture with a

Customer Question

Briefly, I entered into a joint property venture with a family member to purchase a villa in Cyprus. I gave him a large sum as my contribution towards the purchase. He bought the property in his company’s name which he registered in Belize, Central America! When I found out that he sold the property without my knowledge I asked him for my share of the net proceed. He told me that after all the charges and costs were paid out there was nothing left but he will not produce any documents to back up his claim. I should mention that he and his wife are the directors of the registered company.

Can you advise me on what to do next or what action take?

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. Did you pay this money to him personally? Is he based in the UK?

Alex J. :

AJ

JACUSTOMER-b3ccv77g- :

Yes I did. He used to live here but immigrated in 2009 to live permanently in Barbados.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been away on a short break, hence my delay in responding. Regarding my question, I don't believe any of your experts have the proper legal expertise to help. I wont waste any more of your time and mine, so you can cancel this question.