Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

good afternoon we have a laylandie style tree between us and

good afternoon we have a laylandie style tree between us and our neighbour(who unfortunatley is very unapproachable) it stands at approxamatley 24feet tall we can only manage to trim so high our side is there a legal height limit this tree should be,can we trim it down in height without there permision it is roughley 4 mtrs fom our house ,i have photos if this would help
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I clarify please is the tree just a single tree or is more than one tree forming a small hedge of 2 or more trees please?

Joshua :

Is the tree actually planted on the neighbours property and grows out of their land?

Joshua :

Does the tree interfere with light entering through any of your windows and if so have those windows been in place for more than 20 years?