75100385

My neighbour has a burst water main on his property (his responsibility

My neighbour has a burst water main on his property (his responsibility according to the water board) which has caused a torrent of water to flood my driveway and garden, the latter of which is now virtually under water. Although the water is supposedly turned off (the neighbour is not living at the property) the builders are turning it on intermittently for their works so there continues to be a water leak into my property. We have not been able to get a commitment from the neighbour as to when he is going get the water main pipe replaced - he has uncovered and identified the broken pipe - and we want him to stop the building works until this is done so that the water can be turned off properly. Do we need to take out an injunction and what is the process and likely cost?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Yes sadly you may need an injunction.

Alex Watts :

You need to complete forms N1

Alex Watts :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

And N16a

Alex Watts :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

You are asking the Court for an Order that the nuisance be stopped and the water is switched off

Alex Watts :

The Court will list the matter for a hearing and decide whether to make the order final or set directions for a full hearing

Alex Watts :

If the Court makes an order and it is not followed, that is contempt of Court. The person can be warned, fined or sent to prison

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today plaese?