12826847

Our Landlord, whose business is in financial difficulties,

Our Landlord, whose business is in financial difficulties, has decided to sell the property we have rented for the past five years despite on (at least) three occasions he has assured my self and my wife that he will not sell.
What, if anything, can I do?
What does the Landlord need to provide in terms of his intentions and timescales?
In respect of our leaving the property what would be a reasonable period of notice we should expect.My wife is due for an operation at the end of April and will be convalescing for 3 months, does this mitigate any timescales?
Jonathan
Doncaster
There isn't any way of stopping him doing this in the long run Im afraid. Whatever has been said, he can still give notice.
If you are on a periodic tenancy agreement then he has to give two months notice in a S21 form on or before the rental date.
If you are on a assured shorthold tenancy then he cannot end the agreement until the tenancy expires.
I'm afraid her personal circumstances will not be a consideration. The notice periods are the notice periods.
Sorry if that is bad news.