75100385

I have been working with a web designer to create a web site

I have been working with a web designer to create a web site for me. This has been going on for 7 months now. It has been a verbal agreement with no formal contract in place. His attitude has been beyond disgusting in changing completion date, being passive aggressive and now that we have come close to completing the site and I have uploaded all my stock onto the site waiting for it to be activated, he has now decided that HE has to host the site for me and I can't go to any other hosting company. Even though I do not wish to have any further dealings with him, I have said that I would accept that if there's a time limit in place e.g. a year of hosting etc. Then I should be free to go to whomsoever I wish to host my site. He has now completely taken my site down and I no longer have any access. What are my legal rights. He has wasted 7 months of my time and has cost me loss of business having always changed the completion date. Please help.!
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer:

I would like to know if i am in a position to sue him for breaking our verbal agreement

Alex Watts :

Were there any witnesses?

Customer:

yes, and many e-mail correspondents

Alex Watts :

Yes you can sue for a verbal contract

Alex Watts :

A contract is a contract regardless of whether it was verbal or written

Alex Watts :

So yes you can sue for a verbal breach of contract

Customer:

What would i need to do to initiate this process

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a remedy within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer:

how would i be able to obtain their address to send it to?, as they were introduced by a friend

Alex Watts :

Ah, you must get their address for service

Customer:

Ok. Thank you so much for the advice

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Customer:

ok. Thank you.!!