13262538

Clare I want to make the point within my defence that;

Hello Clare
I want to make the point within my defence that; if I agree to pay my solicitor's £230 per hour and then decide after talking to him for only two hours that I want to stop, I can stop.
I can see nothing in our agreement that prevents me from doing this. My solicitor argues that I cannot, because if that were the case he would not have taken the job on. Is he right?
Was the quote a global one for a complete piece of work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No quote as far as I am aware. Three lined agreement which I signed. Short letter with para' each for: Responsibility for work. The Fees. Monies on account. Complaints procedure. Statutory Requirements.

Then four pages of “Terms of Business.” All fairly straight forward.

Yes but was there a specific piece of work involved - as in buying or selling a house
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No.

Then you r point is a good one.
You were indeed entitled to end the relationship at any time subject to paying for the time already spent