Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Good evening Joshua I am in the process of getting Probate

Customer Question

Good evening Joshua
I am in the process of getting Probate for my mother's estate, she passed away on 20th March. It is a small relatively uncomplicated estate. There may ,or may not be, a stumbling block though. My Mum and Dad were tenents in Common. When my father
died in 2006 his half of their bungalow was left to myself and my brother in equal share. The wording in his will says left 'In Trust'. My brother and I did not have this half of the property conveyed into our names. My question is this---- As we did not have our half conveyed for the purposes of the Probate would the bungalow be regarded as solely owned by my mother??
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask would it be at all possible to revert to you on this in the morning - I am away from my computer at present and cannot do this justice easily from my phone. Would that be alright?

JACUSTOMER-qef9oydf- :

Yes Joshua, that would be no problem. Thankyou.

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks. I will respond to you fully in the morning. Kind regards
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in reverting to you. Thank you for the above information. may I clarify which names presently appear on the title register for the property please? Do both your parents names still appear on the title and underneath an entry along the lines of "RESTRICTION: No disposition by sole proprietor..."?