13262538

Can my ex husband lawfully attend my daughters parents evening

Can my ex husband lawfully attend my daughters parents evening against my wishes when she attends an independent school and I am the sole fee paying parent?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
It is bad news I am afraid.
Your ex has Parental Responsibility and as such he is entitled to information from the school and to attend Parent's evenings despite the fact that he is no paying any of the school fees
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had read as much elsewhere, but could only find examples of this relating to state schools. Which act states this to be law? If he is entering onto private property (the school) without permission, is this not trespass? I have also read that disputes over the right to attend parents evening should be resolved between the parents and the school should not be involved. If he attends against my wishes, does the school have to permit entry? Thank you Clare
It has nothing to do with their being State Schools - it is about Parental Responsibility which your ex has.
You can read a summary here
http://uk.practicallaw.com/5-386-2098?source=relatedcontent#a874971
You are correct the dispute needs to be resolved without involving the school - because they cannot exclude him