Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much is owing please?
£226.11 x 2=£452.22
Did you receive my second addition to your question
I might have pressed the wrong button. My second addition was another, the initial transaction, was £469.21 which was put on hold by bank until today, I have to check my bank statement if this has now been withdrawn by airline.
That was not my question. Please read A and B in my statement
Is it being followed up or finished?
In what respect?
Please read my question carefully. I asked: "A. Can the travel agent maintain that I have broken the agreement by refusing to pay the two last transactions and it is illegal?"
I have asked the trader several times to cancel the flights. The bank has put the money back into my account and says they will take it up with the trader. The trader is refusing to cancel flights until they see a bank statement that they had initially put a claim for £469.21. And, by implication, they pretend that it was alright for them to make the other two claims. I have no option now other than to ignore the flights
No, the bank will be doing it. Only, I have to explain to the bank why I think they broke contractual agreements. Also, should I send bank documents to the trader to prove that their last two claims?
However, I cannot send any docs to prove their initial claim.The bank says as per procedure they can only do it after they have finally claimed this money or chosen not to return.
It will be helpful if you confirm that I should not continue any frther correspondence withe the trader
Yes! What will be my tasks now? Should I discontinue any correspondence with the trader? Should i try to send any bank docs to them? Splitting total amount into parts constitute multiple claims?
Fine! Then please just send me an outline of what I should write to bank when they ask
Please re-confirm: Splitting total agreed amount into parts constitute 'multiple claims'.
Please send me the contents of what I should write to bank when asked.
Also, the second part re the bank. Was the bank correct refusing to provide the proof I asked for?
I have to go out now. I would like to return to it tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, it would be good if you sent your replies.
Yes. But it is confusing why bank is not prepared to let me have a copy of the text message they had sent me in writing. They said it was an automated message and not available in prints!! . Also I came to know from them the initial claim was not finally made and it was now back to my accounts
Yes. But it is confusing why bank is not prepared to let me have a copy of the text message they had sent me in writing. They said it was an automated message and not available in prints!! I have now learnt from telephone conversation with the bank that the trader has not returned for this claim and the sum is now back to my accounts from 'hold'. Also, as I said, the bank had re-imbursed the second and the third payments to my account with advice that they would do the investigations on this.
Complaining to the Ombudsman can only be made once bank has contacted me re these transactions, which they said they would and if the bank will not be not satisfied with my explanation. When the bank contacts me I will have to explain why I thought the registered transactions should not be paid. I am asking you to draft a statement for me to that effect.
At present I would like to deal with one problem only. It is vital that the bank defends me, it was them who in the first place sent me the warning text. After seeing the letter from the bank fraud department and resolving the dispute with the trader, I'd take up the relevant issue with the bank. So, as you promised, please send me an outline of the points I should raise in my reply to the bank document.