Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

i have a private plate D6 GGY can i display it D6GGY or will

Customer Question

i have a private plate D6 GGY can i display it D6GGY or will i get stopped for this
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, thank you for your question, I will assist you with this.
Vehicle registration numbers must be correctly displayed on number plates as set out in the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations. These regulations govern how vehicle registration number plates are designed,
manufactured and displayed. Here is a link to the Regulations - see clause 13 - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/561/pdfs/uksi_20010561_en.pdf
Unfortunately, it is considered an offence to alter, rearrange or misrepresent the numbers and letters on a number plate to form names or words, or in a way that makes it difficult to read the registration number.
If you do not display the registration number correctly you can be stopped by the police and could be fined up to £1000. In some cases, the registration number may be permanently withdrawn.
I hope this answers your questions. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
Customer
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mark

Was there anything else I can help you with regarding your question?

If so, please ask. If not, please do not forget to rate my answer in order that I am credited for my time. If you do not rate or accept my answer, I do not receive any credit for responding to you.

Kas