12826847

can an Airline Stewart ask you personnel questions ,

can an Airline Stewart ask you personnel questions for example, how long have you been living in the UK, what is your job, what credit card you paid the flight with, and even worse he had never seen a Maltese ID card before, so he is obviously not trained to do his job well, and lat all the plane to load and left me at 1 side waiting after every single person to load on the plane and then took out a piece of paper to check if Malta was a EU country.
I felt discriminated just because this person was not trained and informed enough of his job.
What are my rights here to refuse to answers his questions and in my opinion irrelvant questions got to do with his job, this was not a customs officer this was the person checking your boarding pass to match your ID or passport.
Anybody can ask anything. Whether they can demand answers is another matter.
In this instance, you could have refused to answer his questions but then the consequence may have been that you wouldn't have been allowed to fly. That is not necessarily the consequence obviously but usually that is the threat used by these sentinels to private property or a corporate service.
In terms of discrimination, I am sorry but I cannot agree this is unlawful. Airlines obviously have a responsibility to check that travel is proper and legitimate. Probably it would have been better if he had known that Malta was in the EU but it doesn't amount to unlawful discrimination.
You can make a complaint but, in truth, I wouldn't expect much to become of it except possibly a letter of apology. He will just say he was being thorough which is generally preferred to being too lax given the security issues in air flight at the moment.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.