75100385

I have just been charged with driving under the influence,

Customer Question

I have just been charged with driving under the influence, my reading was 98, I was very cooperative and I only drove a very short distance approx 1600 meters when I was stopped, I was also asked when I last had a drink or cigarette to which I answered I wasn't sure how long ago it was but roughly maybe a hour but I was not sure for definite, I am also self employed mobile hairdresser, will these factors be taken in to account?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : this will be taken into consideration but a ban in mandatory unless you can advance special reasons.
Alex Watts : shortness of distance is a reason, but given you drove 1600 meters which is 1.6km or around 1 mile that is an issue.
Alex Watts : Shortness is just moving the car round the corner, not driving for a mile.
Alex Watts : sadly you will be diqualified based on what you have said.
Alex Watts : But the points you raise are mitigation
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-f9k15dza- :

Thanks for coming back to me. I think I've got confused over the distance it was literally coming out of a supermarket car park, where I turned right at the car park entrance island, and it was just up from there that I was stopped was no more than 400-600 yards, with regards ***** ***** circumstances, will this be taken in consideration with regards ***** ***** length of the ban and how much the fine will. I have never been in trouble before and have a clean record.

Alex Watts : Yes mitigation will be taken into account.
Alex Watts : even that distance is quite long. I assume you had intended to drive home rather than just pop the car to move it.
Alex Watts : That sadly would mean you can use shortness of distance.
Alex Watts : i am sorry
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apologies for the late reply, with regards ***** ***** how do I go about putting a case together, I am due in court on Friday do I have to write to the court before hand or will I have the opportunity to speak in court and raise the points about clean record, cooperation with the police and my job?

You plead guilty and say you can want to argue special reasons.
That hearing will be adjourned to another date where you can present your case.
Your co-operation and record make no difference with a special reasons argument.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm a bit confused, you mentioned in your previous email that mitigation will be taken into account, what did you mean by that?

Mitigation for sentence. It is not relevant to shortness of distance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I only want to say the 3 things that I've mentioned, not anything to do with the distance, will I be given opportunity to speak in court, and I will be using the duty solicitor, what will they do for me?

Thanks Kate

Yes you will. That will all go to mitigation for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help

Kate

Happy to help kate.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.