Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

a debt collection agency contacted me about a 10pound debt

Customer Question

a debt collection agency contacted me about a 10pound debt from 2007 - what do I do? They bought the debt in 2011
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I clarify that the debt is £10 only please?

Joshua :

Do you know what the debt is for?

JACUSTOMER-fpehi2w8- :

The debt is 10pounds and it is for a cell phone. I moved back to South Africa in November of 2007 and returned to study in 2013.

Joshua :

My apologies for the delay in reverting to you over the weekend.

Joshua :

Do you accept the debt is legitimate originally?

Joshua :

You mention the debt dates back to 2007. When was the last time you either 1) made a payment towards the debt or 2) acknowledged that you owe the debt?

Joshua :

Has the collection agency issued court proceedings against you? If so when did they do this?

Joshua :

Would you like to continue with this?