Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

my husband and i have a car each. He does some courier work

my husband and i have a car each. He does some courier work in his. Mine is just for pottering around in. He is a named driver on mine. On wednesday he was driving ti the lake just for a walk and a GPO van hit him badly. Insurance have been great so far but now have queried claim as i put that my husband was retired when taking out insurance. The reason i did this as he is just a normal pensioner when he is in my car and a courier when in his so my car is never used for his work but insurance company are thinking of cancelling my claim. I thought i had done things right at the time but obviously not. Do you think they will cancel my claim altogether? Thanks Sheila Moore
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask is your husband employed as a courier please or is this simply casual work he does from time to time ancillary to his retirement - in other words how often does he work as a courier?

Joshua :

From what you say he was not using your car for courier work I note.

Customer:

My husband works daily as a courier as self emplyed but never uses my car. I assumed when in my car he is just a normal pensioner and in his car he is a courier.I have obviuosly misenterpred it.